Wednesday 20 April 2016

007. | P R O C E S S B O O K.

P U B L I C A T I O N.


The majority of my project has been of a physical nature from cutting and sewing to conducting and styling photo shoots so trying to keep on top of recording everything has been quite testing. Explaining rounded up key stages of my progress through blogging has been incredibly helpful but in a bid to show Darwin & Gray in its truest, most refined form I chose to show case my work as a booklet. Initially the article intended to be a process book that followed the important aspects of my journey to essentially make it easier to understand for assessment, but after much consideration I realised that following University how much use would this be to not only myself but my brand. This being said, my process book soon transformed into a wholesale look book; a stylised and carefully pieced together publication that would present each product available to purchase, behind the scenes content and a little insight into the company as a whole to send out to try and entice suppliers across the UK to stock Darwin & Gray in their bricks and mortar shops.

Accumulating such a variety of photographs from the shoot with Liam ensured that I was able to be selective and only chose to photos that I felt would portray Darwin & Gray in the strongest way possible, the hardest part was to decide how much information would be too much information as suppliers don't need to know the ins and outs of your business.

M I N I  B O O K S.

As happy as I am with the outcome of the booklet now that is it printed, I couldn't help but feel that it was lacking information to be assessed. In addition to the booklet for my hand in, I decided to create a small series of mini books to pinpoint and explain certain areas in more depth regarding my logo and branding, the ways in which I use technology and how I have stuck to my guns regarding making everything by hand. To begin with I wanted these to be A5 booklets that would be attached within the A4 book but I soon realised that they wouldn't open very easily and would probably take away the clean, simplistic effect that I have created.
The final outcome are three A3 sheets, double sided that fold down into A5 books. Each book has a front cover, a double page spread and a back page to then be unfolded to reveal a full print on the opposing A3 side (the opposing print is relevant to what the booklet discusses).

F I N A L  O U T C O M E.



SHARE:
© Master Of Design. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig